Monday 14 June 2010

Here Comes Ditchling Beacon



It's been a while since I posted a blog...so here a slightly longer one!

What's new...Well, I'm looking forward to my London to Brighton cycle with the British Heart Foundation on Sunday 20th June. Last year was a blast so I'm expecting a great day again this year...as for THAT hill Ditchling Beacon...
I'll be among 30,000 other cyclists! It's the biggest cycle event of it's kind in Europe I'm told. I'll be setting off at 630am from Clapham Common with Dr Rosemary Leonard's team 'Strictly Come Cycling'. I'll look back and wave 'goodbye' to them 3mins after the start LOL! ;-)

The weather is looking very promising indeed - light winds, sunny and warm but not too warm - ideal really. This ride will be a 'warm-up' for the Paris ride I'm doing with Action Medical Research next month. I'll write more about that soon. Speaking of which, (or typing? lol) I've managed to raise about £2500, that's fantastic folks, thanks!


I'll be posting more updates before and during all my rides here in the UK and in France.

In the world of weather...this weeks looks very pleasant for the majority of the UK. It might even hold into the weekend. I actually think the Summer so far this year hasn't been that bad at all, you may disagree? In fact, we haven't had enough rain. Still, it's only the start of the summer and many, many weeks of it to come...
One one thing I'll be closely looking at this year is the Atlantic Hurricane Season. It's predicted to be a very nasty one this year. As for most meteorologists and weather forecasters this is an interesting subject for me (hurricanes). I've been to Florida many a time when it's been brushed by these tropical buggers. As I type, there may well be one brewing some 1000miles west of the Windward Islands. Beware!


That's all for now. Come again.


Facebook
Digg it
Twitter
Stumbleupon
del.icio.us
Reddit

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home